(a 6 year old tradition)
1.What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Talk to investors.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yep have been going to the gym every week for over a year and adding a new sport.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friends A and S had another little girl and my sister in law had L.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
France, Greece, Spain, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Estonia, Finland, Australia, Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having the courage to start another company. I have started 3 companies since 2006.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Too little holidays.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A plate from the Jules Verne restaurant at the Eiffel Tower.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
London during the Olympics.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
The Good Night Lamp.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The next 30 days where I go to Vegas to show off the Good Night Lamp at CES.
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2010?
Ruin by Cat Power.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Cooking at home.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Having conversations with the wrong people.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
see previous response.
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
I don’t watch TV.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Everything that is solid melts into air.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
None I can think of.
28. What did you want and get?
A great team to work with.
29. What did you want and not get?
More hours in the day.
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Haywire & the Hunger Games. Skyfall & Batman were good too. Mission Impossible 4 was surprisingly good.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32 and spent it in London.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time to read books.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
A return to black.
34. What kept you sane?
Hanging out with C, N and K.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Wikileaks scandal, fascinating.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Do or do not, there is no try.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Take me back to beautiful England
And the grey, damp filthiness of ages,
And battered books and
Fog rolling down behind the mountains,
On the graveyards, and dead sea-captains.
Let me walk through the stinking alleys
To the music of drunken beatings,
Past the Thames River, glistening like gold
Hastily sold for nothing.
Let me watch night fall on the river,
The moon rise up and turn to silver,
The sky move,
The ocean shimmer,
The hedge shake,
The last living rose, quiver.”