Here is an eclectic collection of my favorite spots of Amsterdam after the past 2 months of explorations:
1. Dutch bikes (even if i barely owned one), they’re just so damn beautiful.
2. Japanese Pancake World, pancakes the true japanses way, the only restaurant in Europe.
3. Cafe Latei on Zeedijk 143, a very cute coffee place that sells all sorts of vintage 70s stuff from France.
4. “De Tuin” in Rotterdam, lovely spot next to a lake with great oak trees around.
5. Smaak in Rotterdam as well.
6. 11 a very trendy bar/restaurant/club with a terrace with big beanbags overlooking Amsterdam, the view is amazing.
7. Zandvoort a lovely beach 30 minutes train ride away from Amsterdam.
8. Soupenzo for the best lunch thick soups ever (try the tuscany tomato one or the roquefort and potato).
9. Fet, the butcher on Zeedijk, has the “Broodje Zeedijk” or the best sandwich that i’ve had in a long time.
10. New King a chinese takeaway on Zeedijk 115. Good duck but watch out for the bones… big plates, definitely not for a light lunch.
11. De Jaren an absolutely beautiful and chic café-restaurant with view on the canal on Nieuwe Doelenstraat.
12. The Stedelijk Museum‘s beautiful space and architecture. I went to see Airworld and Saskia Olde Wolbers’s The Falling Eye. They were both great and well curated.