Thanks to Prof. Dr. Molly Steenson for initiating this habit, this is the 11th year I’ve done these reviews.
1.What did you do in 2018 that you’d never done before?
Got a job.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
What New Year’s Resolutions?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. Donovan + Louise, Emily & Gavin, Gareth & Alison.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico, Germany, U.S.A, France, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Malaysia, Canada, Scotland, Slovakia, Austria, Netherlands.
6. What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?
A boyfriend would be nice.
7. What date from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory?
Nothing springs to mind.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My book on smart homes was published.
9. What was your biggest failure?
No big failure I think.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Breakfast plates for my growing collection.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Liberal, free women around the world.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Everyone involved in pushing Brexit forward.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I wrote a book!
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2018?
I don’t really think about music like that anymore.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
In better physical shape.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading. You can never do too much reading.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Travelling, but that’s a common complaint.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family in Canada.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2018?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
I don’t watch TV.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Orwell’s Road to Wigan Pier.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No real discoveries this year, just basking in the pleasures of the music I already like.
28. What did you want and get?
To finish writing my book and get it published.
29. What did you want and not get?
Someone to go the museums with.
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
I discovered (rather late) My Own Private Idaho. I don’t think I went to see a film once this year and that’s quite unusual.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It’s today. I went to a pub lunch with a friend.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018?
34. What kept you sane?
Conversations with C.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No time for that.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Kate who lives in NYC.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018.
Everything changes and nothing changes.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Oh, I would rate the future
If I could put a finger on it
But I have no idea
If what I want is better than this