Thanks to Prof. Dr. Molly Steenson for initiating this habit, this is the 9th year I’ve done these reviews.
1.What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Went back home five times.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
What New Year’s Resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my adoptive dad two weeks ago.
5. What countries did you visit?
Morocco, France, Ireland, Canada, US, Germany, Luxembourg, Singapore, New Zealand, Sweden.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More time at home.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Shipping the Good Night Lamp.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not spending much time at home.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A drone for my dad’s last weeks.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
The Good Night Lamp and flights (again)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Shipping the Good Night Lamp!
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2013?
The 20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing, and reading books.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family in Canada.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Already in love.
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
I don’t watch TV.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Mr Gwyn by Alessandro Baricco.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lord Huron, J.D. McPherson, Sufjan Stevens
28. What did you want and get?
Lots of time with F.
29. What did you want and not get?
More time with F.
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Drive, St Elmo’s Fire (I never watch films when I’m supposed to)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent it with family, wrapping Christmas presents.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
34. What kept you sane?
Conversations with J.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No time for that.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Syria (3rd year in a row) and the Brexit.
37. Who did you miss?
M + M (every year)
38. Who was the best new person you met?
S + W in Singapore.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Keep your family close.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“Long afloat on shipless oceans
I did all my best to smile”