1.What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Put all my efforts into one project.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, pretty much stopped going to the gym in February, but thankfully have been keeping quite well. I’d like to try that again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Plenty. It’s a thing at my age.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
US, France, Italy, Germany, Australia, Malaysia.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not losing faith.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The end of a relationship.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Some health concerns but nothing scary.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A rather lovely set of ceramics in Munich.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Nelson Mandela, RIP.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
The Good Night Lamp (again)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The growing frenzy around the internet of things, after so many years of working in this area.
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2013?
The 20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Cooking at home. (same as last year)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Having conversations with the wrong people. (same as last year)
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
I don’t watch TV.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Emmaus by Alessandro Baricco, Travel journals of Jean Paul Sartre to America & South America,
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This is the Kit.
28. What did you want and get?
A great team to work with.
29. What did you want and not get?
More hours in the day.
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
La Grande Bellezza hands down. Only God Forgives wasn’t as violent as I thought and you know, Ryan Gosling.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I’m turning 33 on Monday and will go ice skating, a circus act and my favorite restaurant for a dinner with friends.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
A bit grunge a bit rock.
34. What kept you sane?
Hanging out with A, K, N, L.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
M + M
38. Who was the best new person you met?
A & D.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Things happen at a pace that you do not control.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“But my life it is good,
And I have what I need
And sometimes the wind,
And sometimes the sea,
And often the rain,
And slightly the sun,
And sometimes I sit still,
But mostly I run”