4 year old tradition.
1.What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Missed a flight.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Really didn’t as far as I can remember. I have a lot on next year’s list as a result.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friends A and S had a little girl R who is totally wonderful.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
26 trips, too many to name.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having the courage to take a big decision that will change my life forever.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not making that decision earlier.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes to both.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Golden shoes for my friend’s wedding.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Nobel Peace Prize jury.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Julian Assange’s. Good intentions on paper, strange egotistic execution.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Working with great people on exciting projects!
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2010?
“I’ll try anything once” by The Strokes.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
The Wire (late to the party, I know)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Everything Julain Barnes wrote.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The soundtrack to I Am Love
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
More time for my own work
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Somewhere, I am Love, Inception, A Single Man, The September Issue.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 and spent it with friends in London
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time to read books
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
34. What kept you sane?
Hanging out with C, C and K.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The entire cast of Inception.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Wikileaks scandal, fascinating.
37. Who did you miss?
Friends across the world, C more than most.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
C & N
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Pick yourself up, Dust yourself off and start all over again.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“There is a time when we all fail,
some people take it pretty well,
some take it all out on themselves,
some they just take it out on friends,
oh everybody plays the game,
and if you don’t you’re called insane,”