A bit of a tradition started 3 years ago by a canadian friend. I think it’s as good a way as any to recap.
1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Missed a flight.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Really didn’t as far as I can remember. I have a lot on next year’s list as a result.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, plenty. More significantly Caroline my best friend in Canada.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
France, Italy, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping my company going through a recession.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Totally putting the essentials of my life aside to make 8. happen.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Japanese school-girl bag.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Obama for making me not want to puke anymore when i go to the US.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Working with great people on exciting projects!
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2009?
Mrs Cold by Kings of Convenience
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Much more tired.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with some friends.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Brock who works with me
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
FireFly and Mad Men
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Makers by Cory Doctorow
Book of Dave by Will Self
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
To move somewhere with a garden
29. What did you want and not get?
Peace of mind
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 and spent it with friends in London
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Back to black
34. What kept you sane?
My friends and family and horrible 80s pop classics
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Toni Servillo & James McAvoy
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Friends across the world, Caroline more than most.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
You can only really choose one between fame and fortune. They rarely come together.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Every shooting stars in one night
The water and sand in our eyesight
The rocks in our hands preparing for flight
The lack of sleeping but it’s alright
If you fancy at all, do link to your own list!